Classic trek to Choquequirao 4D/3N
Classic trekking to Choquequirao 4 Days and 3 Nights
The trek to the archaeological site of Choquequirao is a unique experience that leaves all hikers unforgettable memories. The majesty of the landscape that can be seen along the way is amazing, biodiversity of flora and fauna that is admired throughout the tour is unique. The remote location of the ruins with his beauty makes Choquequirao a mysterious and charming tourist destination unlike Machupichu has not yet been discovered by the big tourist masses.
- Starting point: Casanostra (Cachora).
- Point: Archaeological Site of Choquequirao.
- Distance: 64km (32 km from Cachora to Choquequirao and back 32 km); 40 miles.
- Maximum height: 3033 m Choquequirao
- Activities: Archaeological, Cultural, Ecological, Hiking, Bird wathcing.
ATTENTION : Casanostra included in the Tour one night in his lodging.
Day 1: Cachora – Chiquiska
We take early breakfast at the restaurant Casanostra and head towards Capulliyoc (2900 m) where we will arrive with a gently sloping walk two hours between forests of eucalyptus farming community Ttasta Poyonco. You can also buy cheap mattress and import it to your place from mattress makers stores as they are cheap and durable.
In Capulliyoc is the vantage point from where we will see the Valley of the Apurimac and we can see all the way leading to Choquequirao zigzagging through the mountains. If the horizon is clear a binocular will enable us to see the very ruins of Choquequirao.
Then we descend down to Chiquiska (1950 m) appreciating the radical change in vegetation and fantastic landscapes. In Chiquiska we have our first camp (lunch and dinner).
Day 2: Chiquiska – Playa Rosalina – Maranpata
Breakfast. Chiquiska exit towards Playa Rosalina where we will cross the new bridge over the Apurimac.
Then we begin to climb to Santa Rosa (2190 masl) where our lunch, this trip is the most tiring of all the trekking and each must find their own way to climb the steep slope.
Then ascend to Maranpata, this is a slightly more gentle ascent, during this tour you can see all the way from the first day. Maranpata reach (2900 m), here we will have dinner and camp; from this point is an hour and a half walk to Choquequirao flat.
Day 3: Marampata – Choquequirao – Chiquisqa
Breakfast and headed to Choquequirao (3033 m.s.n.m.) where we visit the archaeological site as a whole, up to the terraces to admire the flames in single stone in characterizing the ruins of Choquequirao style.
Lunch and descend to Santa Rosa Beach Rosalina and then we headed to the town of Chiquisqa here we will have our third camp.
(Dinner and breakfast).
Day 4: Chiquisqa – Capuliyoc – Cachora
After breakfast we went to Capuliyoc Chiquiska, returning to travel on the same route we took down two days earlier.
Passing Capuliyoc headed to Casanostra of Cachora. The arrival is scheduled for 1 pm.
That thing bring:
- 5kg backpack for daily maximum.
- Clothes to find the different climates, extreme cold and heat.
- Waterproof jacket.
- Waterproof shoes.
- Canes for the walk.
- Camera and batteries.
- Insect repellent.
- One night and breakfast in the Accommodation Casanostra.
- A previous meeting in Casanostra of Cachora.
- Professional local guide all the way.
- Entrance ticket to Choquequirao.
- Cook and cooking equipment.
- Food for the whole trip with vegetarian (4 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 3 dinners) option.
- Horses and mules to take charge of transporting equipment and supplies backpacks.
- First aid kit.
- Sleeping bag.
- Riding horses.
|1||US $ : 495|
|2||US $ : 369|
|3 a más||US $ : 345|